Your brain is wired to trigger gratitude and well-being together.
- This “circuitry of emotion” is part of how you are wired.
- We usually express gratitude as a reflex, when we feel that our well-being increases.
- This reflex reinforces our social network… through the expression of appreciation for gifts.
- A state of well-being fosters creativity, growth, expansion, harmony and connection with others.
Your brain is also wired to express anxiety and fear together.
- A separate set of brain circuitry handles your perception of threats.
- When you perceive danger, then anxiety is triggered and overwhelms most other emotions.
- Adrenaline and other “rescue” hormones are released as part of this stress response.
- The brain structures involving anxiety/fear are wide-reaching and very powerful.
Anxiety/Fear cannot coexist with Gratitude/Well-being.
- These emotional systems are contained in competing circuits, so that one cancels out the other.
- Anxiety is a great motivator to rescue you in a pinch.
- Over time, this circuit can grow and become so strong that it overwhelms other emotions.
- And sustained anxiety creates tunnel vision – it blinds you to other emotions, including Well-being.
In which emotion do you chose to live?
- When you are in a crisis, sustained anxiety may lead to a downward spiral of despair and contraction.
- Being aware of this emotion, called mindfulness, allows you to change your internal construct.
- For a change, try expressing gratitude and just watch how your sense of well-being increases.
- Be grateful for small things, then large things.
- And break the cycle of fear so you may open your mind to new possibilities.
- Join me in my groundbreaking Brain Building program that will help get your frontal lobes tuned up and firing.
- Learn how to transform anxiety/fear to gratitude/well-being.
- IMPROVE and EXPAND your happiness, health, and wealth – even in what feel like desperate times!