Social Power is About to Explode
- We are moving from a brawn-based to brain-based society.
- For all of history, wealth was created from horsepower.
- Leaders coerced the populace and exploited its ability to lift and move things.
- But even the greatest empires became stretched thin and eventually collapsed on themselves.
- This was because brawn, human muscle power, was the limiting factor.
- There is only so far you can flog a person before he drops.
A New Power Multiplier has Emerged – the Exocortex
- The World Wide Web is enabling an “external brain” for the globe.
- Everyone who interacts with the web is contributing to some extent to the construction of this brain.
- The more of your knowledge that you store outside of your brain, the more you participate.
- If you need to retrieve this knowledge periodically to make life run properly, then you have an Exocortex.
- The Exocortex is a logical extension of your brain’s Cortex, the part of your brain that has made you human.
The Exocortex Extends Your Abilities
- The more you put into your Exocortex, the greater your potential power.
- The Exocortex augments your abilities, intellectual or emotional. It has the ability to improve your social intelligence.
- To gauge the impact of your Exocortex, just try living life without your computing devices for a day, a week, a month.
- The more things fail, the more dependent you are on your Exocortex.
- Do you become demented when your computers are offline or not accessible? Then you are really plugged into and dependent on your Exocortex.
The Exocortex is creating the NeuroEconomy
- This collection of externalized brains is allowing us to evolve new behaviors quickly.
- The development of Apple Computers, Microsoft, Oracle, Google, Facebook, and Cisco are natural EARLY effects of the web.
- These companies have created individual billionaires, the new Industrial Capitalists.
- In ten years, we will see thousands of similar companies and an explosion of billionaires as the pace of activity picks up exponentially.
- This is the NeuroEconomy. The environment in which you organize your thinking and actions around your Exocortex, and everyone else’s.
- You can now harness the power of hundreds, thousands, or millions (or billions?) of externalized brains to do your bidding…
- … If you have the right message, product, or concept that is full of value and solves problems effectively.
How Leaders Approach the NeuroEconomy
- Aristotle would have looked at the Exocortex and urged everyone to use it wisely, for good, pursuing virtuous goals.
- Machiavelli would have jacked up his Excortex to create conflict, smite his prince’s enemies, and protect himself from losing power.
- Today’s leaders are naïve about how to approach the Exocortex.
- The NSA scandals go to show how early we are in the application of this technology.
- Many of the failures we see in today’s political environment speak to cognitive failures at multiple levels.
- If politicians were subjected to a higher standard of cognition, they would submit to high-level cognitive evaluations, brain imaging and tests of brain integrity.
- You can expect that a very savvy leader will emerge who truly gets the power of the Exocortex and the NeuroEconomy.
- That leader will have more power than ever to become a tyrannical despot – or benevolent aristocrat.
Bringing it Back to You
- How do you use your Exocortex?
- Is it a novelty? A simple tool to pay bills? Part of your work environment? A tool to communicate with friends?
- Or have you jumped ALL-IN and uploaded vast aspects of your life into the cloud, into your personal Exocortex?
- Are you acutely aware of your HUGE potential to harness this tool to influence others, to add value to society?
- Have you jumped on to the top curve and are you using your Exocortex to ramp up your income?
- Or are you going to languish behind, drop onto a lower level of activity, and even languish behind?
- In less than a decade the masses will have a new generation of devices that connect our brains directly to the Exocortex.
- Now is the time for you to learn more, to optimize yourself.
- Use NeuroCoaching to get your brain tuned and mindset adjusted to ensure that you don’t get left behind!