When things go bad with your brain, you need to get help fast. Every moment that passes, ongoing damage to the brain is taking away function. So, first things first:
Call 911 if you develop the sudden onset of:
- Difficulty speaking or understanding speech.
- Severe headache, especially if it is different from normal or comes on very suddenly.
- Loss of vision.
- Paralysis, weakness, or difficulty coordinating the movement of your arms or legs.
- Numbness, tingling, especially if it’s on one side of the body.
- Severe dizziness, which can be vertigo or lightheadedness.
- Confusion or disorientation.
- Collapse, passing out, or new seizure activity (convulsions, jerking of the limbs)
Get expert help quickly.
- Once you are on the way to the appropriate emergency faculty, get us involved! Early interventions improve outcomes from stroke, seizures, Traumatic Brain Injury, and even migraine.
- At Axion NeuroTherapy, we push the envelope to achieve excellent patient outcomes. We apply the most current treatments to rescue injured brains. Evidence-based medicine is constantly evolving, and where we can take advantage of it, we strive to apply academic-level standards and protocols. Caring for patients with acute brain injury is one of our passions!